Here's the letter Ben sent to the brethren accepting his mission call:
Dear Brethren:
I am excited for the opportunity to serve the Lord in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission and Region. This will be a great blessing in the lives of my family and friends as well as for myself. I want to help the Danish people come to know Jesus Christ, and the light that the gospel will bring into their lives.
I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, and that he lives and atoned for all of our sins. I know that Joseph Smith restored the true church, and that President Thomas S. Monson is the current President of that church. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and was translated by the power of the Holy Ghost through Joseph Smith. I believe in the power of attending Seminary, and the peace that it brings when I faithfully listen and learn from the teachers. I believe in the power of prayer and personal revelation. I know that temples are the houses of the Lord, and that saving covenants and ordinances are performed for the dead within them.
Thank you for extending this call, and I am grateful to serve as a witness of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Sincerely,
Elder Benjamin Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment