And blessed are you because you have believed; And more blessed are you because you are called of me to preach my gospel. To lift up your voice as with the sound of a trump, both long and loud, and cry repentance unto a crooked and perverse generation, preparing the way of the Lord for his second coming.
Everyone,
It has been a good two years here in Denmark. I am grateful for the time that I have spent here. My mission has been a blessing for me to learn about the gospel, and to serve others. It has been a time of change, but it is one that has and will have a big impact on me.
I have learned to appreciate the little things that make up each day. For a long time I felt that I hadn’t done anything because it couldn’t be seen by the world. That all changed when I received a card from my aunt. The quote on the front said, ”Success, it’s not always what you see. ” This had a big impact on me. Around the same time during the mission conference we received the reminder that ”no effort is wasted” (PMG 170). I may not have accomplished something for everyone to see, but I have tried. My simple effort was worth it.
Throughout my mission there have been missionary meetings where the promise was made that angels were around us. I pondered over this thought each time it was repeated or when I read it in my journal. There have been a few moments where I have felt a special presence. Not only the presence of the Holy Ghost, but also of others being in the room or around us. I believe that I have had divine protection and intervention while here in Denmark. I am grateful for the times when I have been privileged to feel this way.
One of the biggest things I have learned on my mission is the power of the Atonement. Before my mission I understood that I could be forgiven for my sins. I did not understand how Christ could help and heal us in all things. This was changed when I had my bike accident during my second transfer. After a few months I knew that the physical wounds had healed, but that I was still holding on to the ones inside. It came as a gradual process, but I felt the burden being lifted from me. I understood that Christ had suffered all things, and the scripture Alma 7:11-13 had personal relevance for me.
I am sad that this is my last week in Denmark, but I am also excited to come home and see everyone. Thank you for the emails from the kids. I loved reading them.
I am going to forward the flight plans. I hope that you will receive them. It looks like I will be coming about 7:10 pm to Salt Lake City.
I can't believe that it is my birthday this week. Already a fifth of a century old. We are going out to dinner that night, so that will be my little celebration.
I think that is it. Please tell the kids that I love them, and I can't wait to see them next week.
Just a note to Baden and Sariah, I hope that they will finish the Book of Mormon before I get back because I will be doing the same.
Now that my mission is over I hope to be able to continue growing in the gospel. I have learned how to study and apply the scriptures in my life. I understand the importance of prayer, and how I can use it in my every day life. Throughout my mission I have seen that God expects us to try, and will help us when we give our all and have faith in him. I have learned how to plan, and work towards set goals. Each day can be exciting as long as I put in the effort to make it so.
Love,
Elder Benjamin M Francis




No comments:
Post a Comment