| Elder Francis, Jimmie, Elder Erickson at Jimmie's baptism |
| Happy New Year! |
Everyone,
This takes a little explaining. Because of the holiday we were asked to not work today, Sunday 1st January 2016. Tomorrow is our big, I mean big, cleaning day throughout the mission. President O'Bryant has given us permission today, so that we could spend all day tomorrow cleaning.
Now to our week. Splits was in Århus this week from Monday to Tuesday. I got to spend some time with Elder Perkins. It is always fun to work with him. Monday night there was a big storm here, and the wind was really bad. We ended up meeting Johannes. On that dark windy street in Århus we had a great 30 minute gospel conversation with him. He had some of the best questions for us. I hope the Århus Elders can meet with him again because he seemed sincerely interested in our message.
| Nytår Fest |
We were knocking on the far side of town one afternoon. Several of the buildings were locked buzz boxes. After walking through them for several minutes we found a few in the back which weren't. We met Emil there. He let us in really fast, and we learned that he wanted to find God when he was younger. To me it sounded like he had searched for so long, and couldn't find an answer that he had stopped trying. WE sat and testified to him that God was there, and that prayer really does work. You could tell that he could feel something. Sadly, he turned down our offer to make another appointment.
| Nisse mænd with the Larsens |
This week we had a special experience. Our friend Jimmi was baptized. Three months ago Elder Ericksen and I taught him the first lesson. He then moved with his wife, who is a member, up to Skive Gren. It was amazing to see the change that has come over him. He was so excited when he was baptized. He asked me to give a talk on baptism at his baptism. I am grateful that I could be a small part in his conversion to the gospel.
| Nytår Fest |
2016 is now over. Looking back I have noticed a few things. I know a little more Danish. I have gained some kilos. I have only seen my family for 2 hours. I went to Sweden. My shirts are a little yellower. My testimony is stronger, and I have met some amazing people here in Denmark.
Godt Nytår!
Elder Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment