8 For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your faith is sufficient that I should heal you.
Everyone,
I had one of the best Sundays yesterday in church. It was ward conference, so many of the stake leaders came. I got to see several members from Frederikshavn an Randers which was fun. What made it amazing was the talks in Sacrament. The Bishop spoke about the gospel, and talked about the importance of enduring to the end. One of the Stake Presidents councilers spoke about the improtance of the Book of Mormon. All of the talks were great, but these two were my favorites.
We spent some time with the Aalborg Elders on splits. I worked with Elder Schaffer who is almost done training. He was amazing with his vocabulary, and I was impressed by his example to speak up during contacts. We had a fun time together, and found out that both of us enjoy talking about history.
The ward had an activity on the island of Egholm. We played a game called rundbold with everyone. It is a game in between baseball and cricket. Everyone got involved with the Bishop as the referee. Everyone ate lunch on the lawn. Afterwards we played frisbee and viking spil. It was a good way for us to meet more of the ward.
Elder Lex spent a day with us while his companion was at the my plan meeting in København. Due to a crash close to the tracks his companion came back later than expected, so we spent a night in Randers. It was fun to work there again, and it felt like I had never left. I evan saw one of our old neighbors, and he recognized me.
Per is doing great. He met with the Stake Leaders this week, and it went well for him. Our goal right now is to have him prepared in 6 months to be baptized.
Willie is still in the hospital, and hasn't been doing as well. We are taking it slower now with him. He is continuing to read and pray, so that is a miracle.
Back to the talk in church yesterday about the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for it, and the chance I have each day to study it. There are so many insigts that I have gained. This morning I found the scripture 3 Nefi 17:8, and realized the importance of faith in Christ to have him help us. Faith is the step before repentance, and it is during repentance that Christ can heal us.
Elder Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment