Denmark

Denmark

Monday, June 12, 2017

James 4:10 - June 12, 2017


10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Everyone,

It was a great week in Nørresundby for us. We did lots of biking around our area. We got rained on a few times, but we made it through.

We met an excommunicated member named Per and his family. They fed us dinner, and Per connected with us quickly. He told us about his job and hobbies. He also shared his testimony of the church with us, and what is holding him back. I could feel the Spirit as we talked with him. He came to church yesterday which was amazing to see.





My last Zone Conference was last Thursday. It wasn't what I expected because I couldn't believe that it was my last one. I bore my departing testimony of the Savior, and how I came to know him. They also sang for my birthday because it will happen right before I leave. There was a zone activity of ultimate frisbee and soccer before the training. For the training we discussed the mission conference with Elder Andersen, and having the faith to find. It got me excited to find those who are prepared because they do live here.



We went on splits with Randers. It was fun to be back again after several months. Eric had us over for dinner which was so much fun. He didn't know that I was coming, but he got really excited when I walked in the door. I am glad that we were great friends when I was in Randers.


Sunday was a fun day for us. We went to an Indre Mission meeting because a potential we have invited us. They are Lutheran, but strictly study the Bible. It was interesting to meet with them. We sang about 10 songs during the two hours, and Elder Smith and I were pleasantly surprised when the last hymn was one that we have in our hymnbook.


One thing that struck me this week was in Randers. We were in their apartment, and one of the Elders made this off handed comment about how my name was all over their area book. I thought that he meant the drop section. :) I definitely didn't see my time in Randers as being one of the best, or that my effort had brought anything. Later that day I looked through the area book at some of the traditions like "The Randers Log." To my surprise I found my name on many of their investigator sheets as one of the first missionaries to contact them. I felt that this was Heavenly Father's way of telling me that I have done good things here in Denmark. This is just a small moment from my week, and I am not writing it to be prideful. But, it was a comfort to see some of the fruits from my efforts several months ago.

Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment