Everyone,
This week has been one of trial and one of joy. So much has happened in so little time, and I wish I could tell you everything.
Our district has a bug going around. I got it on Sunday, and have been fairly sick since then. It is just a stuffy nose and sore throat, but some times it is really hard to swallow and sleep. None of us have had to go to the clinic, but we are worried because the last group of Danes to leave had pneumonia while at the MTC.
For the Sunday Devotional the Nashville Tribute Band came. They were really good, and shared some cool things about their missions. It was more of a concert than a devotional, and we could feel a different spirit there. Tuesday's Devotional was great as well. We heard Brother Echo Hawk speak, and teach us of the importance of teaching investigators and members. He told us that we would be very important to investigators because we would be the ones who shared the gospel with them.
In class this week Brother Williamson shared with us an analogy. he said we would tell people of a wonderful steak house, eternal life, and show them the path. Unless we helped them along the path which has bears, tall mountains, volcanoes, and an ocean then they would never make it to the steak house. I wish all of you could have been there. The Spirit was so strong, and we all understood the principle. Afterwards we all talked about it, and wrote the story in our journals. Out of all the teachers Brother Williamson is our favorite because when we need a good life lesson then he doesn't mind teaching in English, so that we could understand. This is the second time that he has taught that way, and we all love it. He will be gone this week because he will be married tomorrow, and all of us are very sad.
There are twelve of us in our district. Elder Magelby from American Fork. Elder Erickson from Bountiful (Viewmont Viking). Elder Tompkins from Florida. Elder Dibble from Alta. Elder Teynor, Olson, and Perkins from Salt Lake City. Elder Bennet from Montana. Elder Jenson from Canada. Elder Curnow from Colorado. Elder Baadsgaard (yes that is how you spell his name) from Spanish Fork. Elder Baadsgaard is the ninth of ten. He has one younger sister who is a sophomore in high school. He really like bugs, rocks, piano, and psychology. He graduated this year as well.
We get to go to the temple each week which is one of the best things to do here. Being able to go to the hose of the Lord is something all of us enjoy because we can get away form the stress of learning Danish. We are Branch 37. Our Branch President is President Seamons, and his two counselors are Brother Parkes and Brother Ellis.
I have been having a hard time here. The language isn't very easy. Sometimes I don't feel like I am learning very much. I had a talk with my teachers about it.They said that it is fine that I am struggling. I won't be able to really learn until I am in the field. They also said that I was a great teacher, and that I could teach clearly. Sister Paulson told me that we best Frelsesplannen discussion. Elder Baadsgaard and I felt much better after we heard that. (This discussion was the hardest one so far that we have tried to teach på dansk) I have made little goals, and each day I try to fulfill one. What I feel is really close to the kid from Two Brothers Two going to Latvia.
I miss all of you.
Ældste Francis
Komme til Kristus
![]() |
| With Elder Merrill from Davis High |


No comments:
Post a Comment