Denmark

Denmark

Monday, October 19, 2015

Mosiah 18:13 - October 19, 2015


With Elder Kinch. He is leaving this week. Elder Kinch trained Elder Halversen, and has been a great friend this transfer. He has been the district leader for us, and really helped me with my Danish





Mosiah 18:13 - And when he had said these words, the Spirit of the Lord was upon him, and he said: Helam, I baptize thee, having authority from the Almighty God, as a testimony that ye have entered into a covenant to serve him until you are dead as to the mortal body; and may the Spirit of the Lord be poured out upon you; and may he grant unto you eternal life, through the redemption of Christ, whom he has prepared from the foundation of the world.

Everyone,

This has been a crazy week, but one with lots of fun times in it. I have made it through my first transfer, and learned so many things. 1. We eat lots of potatoes and bacon. 2. Liver paste tastes good. 3. It rains A LOT. 4. American pastries aren't as good as Danish ones. These were some of the things that we talked about before my mission, and now I can say that I have experienced each of these.

Monday was Elder Kinch and Willardsons's last P-Day because they are going home. To celebrate we went to a restaurant called Flammin for dinner. We worked in the morning, so we could stay for a few hours because it is a buffet. They had all kinds of meat: brisket, ox, ham, meatloaf with bacon, sausage, and kangaroo to name a few. The kangaroo was really good, and was everyones favorite. Afterwards we walked through the gågade, and discussed why do Danish stores close so early. I have yet to see a store here that is open 24 hours.
With Elder Willardson who leaves this week.
For zone training they had a write down things that we could work on, or things that are holding us back on our missions. We did this personally, then discussed it at a zone level. We wrote down the ideas on a sheet a paper, and put them in a jar. Afterwards we went outside, and the jar in the corner of the parking lot. We talked about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis, and covenanted never to dig up the jar again. Our Zone slogan is RTC: Remember the Covenant. Mosiah 18:13 ...until you are dead... This activity blessed all of us, and we are all trying to press forward as a zone.

I made German pancakes for breakfast!
President and Sister O'Bryant came, and announced transfers. I will stay in Hillerød with Elder Halversen. Elder Kinch and Williardson are going home. Elder Hendrikson will be with Elder Beck in Helsingør. Instead of Elders in Birkerød they are whitewashing it, and putting in Sisters. They will be Sister Mosely and Sister Floyd. Elder Halversen is now the district leader, so he will be in leadership and training.

We have worked really hard this week, and have found a few potentials. We are really happy because our investigator pool has gotten smaller. As a companionship we want to make this transfer the best one ever.
You know you're in Europe...
Biking has been hard this week. We have been getting lots of rain. Tuesday night was really hard. There are few times in my life when I have been so wet. It was mainly my pants and shoes, but it was miserable. Biking through the rain, and my glasses were foggy and wet. I kept telling myself that I could make it a little longer throughout the night. On Friday night I crashed my bike. It was raining (again...), and I tried to get onto a sidewalk. I missed a ramp, and my front tire went one way and I kept going towards the sidewalk. The oddest feeling was lying on the ground and watching my bike going over the top of me. I got a deep cut on my knee, but that is it. I really believe that the Lord protects his missionaries after this experience.
Tovoli: a Danish amusement park
On Saturday we went to the Thompsons house for dinner. They are an older couple in the ward. He gave us a carved bird which is really pretty. There is a Danish story that goes with it, and I will try and translate it for you.

Have a wonderful week.

Ældste Francis

Random photos...

An X-Wing at the Bikerod apartment. We tried to fix it and this is what we came up with. 
We wondered what was left besides the frame...

No comments:

Post a Comment