Denmark

Denmark

Monday, December 7, 2015

Lære og Pagter 42:14‏ - December 7, 2015

A handmade Danish advent calender from Sister Bendica. We will be spending Danish Christmas with them which is the 24th of December.

 D&C42:14 And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

Everyone,

Christmas time has started for us here in Denmark. There are lots of decorations on the Hillerød gågade, and you can feel the excitement in the air.

Anne-Marie is doing really well. We were able to open up a family search account for her, and start the process of adding her family members. She was so grateful for our help. It was wonderful to feel the spirit as we added the data. She told us about her family, and where they come from. She also talked about her grandchildren. Family history work is really enjoyable for us because we get to hear so many interesting stories.

Our friend Johan is also doing very well. We have tried all week to visit him, and on Saturday he let us in. We met his sister and her husband, and all three of them have lived in the US. The husband just got back from a road trip from Utah to New Jersey. They were very kind to us, and asked several questions about what we believe in. We invited Johan to come to the Ward Christmas Concert the week, and he said that he will try if we have a ride. We are working on that, and have several ward members involved to see if we can get him there.

A bought a simple chocolate Star Wars advent calender.
One of the less-active members that we meet with is Janice. We have really tried to get her to come to church. She said that she would come before she left on vacation this coming week. Sunday came, and she didn't come. This was really disappointing for us because we have tried so hard with her. We hope that she will have a great vacation though in Cebu, Philippines. We should be meeting with her before she goes for a spiritual thought.

Søren, another less-active, was very happy to see us. During our visit he showed us the video for #BecauseHeLives, and shared his testimony. It was an amazing experience, and helped us to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

Friday night we had an eating appointment with Jessica in Helsingør. I gave a spiritual thought on the Holy Ghost. To start we all said a little bit about how we felt during our baptism. I spoke of how the Holy Ghost helped us then, and that he can help us now. I shared experiences when he helped this past year. The Spirit was so strong, and everyone was very quite when it we over. It was a wonderful experience for all of us.
We have spent most of our time this week contacting using the Christmas initiative.



Elder Halversen and I love the video, and the truthfulness of the message. I want the family to watch it, and tell me what they think.

#EnFrelserErFødt
I got wonderful cards from my family.

Thank you for all of the support you have given to me while on my mission. I love receiving your wonderful cards in the mail. It helps me to keep going when I know that I have people supporting me back home.

This week was a first for Elder Halversen and I as we tried to send stuff home, but we have learned a lot while doing it. My reason for writing is about sending food through the mail. We found that you can send non-perishable foods. The only thing to remember is that shipping rates are very high here.

I am sorry for the mix up at the beginning of my mission. Living in Europe is very different, and we are finding out stuff all the time. (Today we had to go to a different post office because the one we went to this morning didn't have a guarantee that mail sent would arrive in the US. We really didn't see that one coming.)

The work is progressing here in Hillerød. We are doing lots of contacting with the Christmas initiative every day, and inviting our investigators to the Christmas concert. It has been a little harder to find people who are interested, but we are still pressing forward with faith.

One of the big goals that I am working on is improving my Danish. I really want to be able to speak clearly, so those that I talk to can understand. Elder Halversen helped me to make that goal during weekly planning. I am still working on having faith, hope and patience. 

I really am starting to enjoy working. A few months ago I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but really trying to share the gospel really makes my day brighter.


Have a wonderful week leading up to Christmas.

Love,
Ældste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment