Denmark

Denmark

Monday, February 8, 2016

Matthæusevangeliet 5:16‏ - February 8, 2016

Lookout point.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Everyone,

We had a very busy week. It filled up with appointments which was wonderful because the week before we didn't have as many. An update with Martin. We had another great lesson with him, and he is committed to the 23 of April for his baptism. It is still a few months away, but he needs some time to prepare for the covenants he will make. It is amazing for me to see how far he has come from the first time that I met him.
Our eating appointment is the door which is covered by the truck.

Richardt had to fix our bathroom door, so we counldn't be at our apartment for two days. We continued to work in our area, but had to travel to Helsingør to sleep. It worked out really well because we could do splits with them. I had Elder Kennedy who has only been in the land for 4 weeks. We had a wonderful time together. Kevin got along great with Elder Kennedy. They talked about sports, and the upcoming superbowl. The lesson was in English which wasn't too scary. It was on the temple, and Kevin told us that he wants to go which is wonderful news.

Making Cinnamon Rolls

Anne Marie was very happy to see us. She had found out several things about her father's parents from a cousin. We were able to put them into family search. She doesn't know English, and I was amazed at how much I understood during our conversation. I did most of the talking because Elder Kennedy was so new.

Søren stopped us last week, and asked when we could help him with his family history. Søren has a thick accent, so it is a little scary to go over there. I believe that the spirit helped both of us during the lesson as we showed him how to enter the information. Splits taught me that I do know Dansk now, and that I can speak to people when I need to.
Danish Pastry. Like a pop tart, but better...

Finn was a hyggeligt when we visited him. We don't really know the best way to approach his temple preparation, and we are waiting to talk with Bishop about it. We discussed the Aaronic Priesthood with him, and read from Lære of Pagter on the roles of deacons, teachers, and priests.

This week we had two service projects. One was with the Klestrups, and we were able to wash all there outside windows for them. The other one was with the Nielsens again. They told us that it would be very short, and that we would help move their couches. To sum up what happened to Syrien men came to help, so they were speaking Arabic. It sounded like they were arguening with each other. The couches were to obig for the doorways, a flight of stairs, and three 90 degree turns. The two Syriens somehow did it. The family had us go get a tarp for them that had flown into a farmers field. Before we got to it the ground got really muddy, and Elder Pike had to take of his socks and shoes to be able to pry his shoes out of the mud. They felt bad that they had asked us to do it, but not everyone can say that they ran in some farmer's field in Denmark.
Houses around the lake

Something special that happened. I thought about Nic this week. I felt that we had a special connection like the one in "Saturday's Warrior." The first half of this week I had a really weird feeling, and nothing seemed quite right. Wednesday morning on the train it changed, and I felt a weight. I had to just sit when we were traveling because I couldn't do anything. My brain just wouldn't let me think. Wednesday night it was gone, and the rest of this week has been great. I am glad that Nic is fine. Can you hold Nic for me because I can't be there now? I am glad that he is doing fine. 


I have been asked about the trip to Bornholm. We did have to travel through Sweden. The road between Denmark and Sweden is amazing. Part of it is underwater, and the other part is over.

Have a great week, and happy Valentine's Day next Sunday.

Ældste Francis

Mother's Note: I just wanted to include these photos taken of Ben and Nico before Ben left on his mission. So grateful that our two boys could form a bond in their short time together.








No comments:

Post a Comment