![]() |
| Church in Skævinge |
Everyone,
Elder Pike and I have seen some amazing miracles this week. Here is one that I sent to President in my weekly email.
We decided to knock in Allerød after district meeting in order to save time with traveling. Elder Beck was with me when we found the street to knock. This doesn't happen very often, but the first door that we knocked let us in. It was an 90-year-old man named Finn. He knew who we were, and already had a Mormons Bog, Liahona, and a book on Mormons. He knew who Joseph Smith was, and asked us a few church history questions. This wasn't the best part though. Through our discussion he asked us some Biblical questions which were rather hard. Most of them were on what certain scriptures said. He asked about John 3:16-17. This is were the miracle occured.
The day before we had a trainride up to Vejby for an appointment. I decided to memorize scriptures in Dansk on the way up and back. For some reason I chose John 3:16-17, and was able to get it in both English and Dansk (It isn't very long). I recited it for Finn, and I felt a special Spirit. This happened while knocking, and it was really amazing to use my Dansk that I had learned the day before.
The day before we had a trainride up to Vejby for an appointment. I decided to memorize scriptures in Dansk on the way up and back. For some reason I chose John 3:16-17, and was able to get it in both English and Dansk (It isn't very long). I recited it for Finn, and I felt a special Spirit. This happened while knocking, and it was really amazing to use my Dansk that I had learned the day before.
![]() |
| Elder Pike and I helping the youth with family history. |
Martin is doing great. We are trying to meet with him several times each week, but it has been difficult. this week we plan on teaching him Visdomsordet. He is still excited for his baptismal date, so we are happy about that.
We dropped Johan and Eduardo this week. both of them aren't intersested in the gospel. Maybe some other missionaries will have more succes with them. The hardest one was Johan becasue he is so kind to us, and tells us stories from when he was a boy. The coin I gave Sam was from him, and I have a envelope full of old Danish stamps that he gave to me.
![]() |
| Hillerød Gågade |
This week we had splits with the zone leaders. we planned to switch about 8:30, so that we could travel home, and then work the next day. We left our eating appointment really early, so we could travel the hour down to the station. We got there, and they had had some problems with trains and bikes. Instead we switched the next morning for splits. This was really hard because it was two work hours we could have used, but instead spent it traveling and waiting.
![]() |
| Driving to an eating appointment on Valentines Day |
Besides that I had a great time with Elder Bateman. We went knocking in Helsinge in some upgangs. One of the last doors we knocked let us in. It was a Muslim family. The son spoke Arabic, Tysk, and a little Dansk, and the father spoke Arabic and Tysk. They are very interested in our message, and about Mormons Bog. They asked us about Mary, and why we couldn't read the Koran now. It was hard to explain that we are missionaries, and aren't supposed to study other books while on our missions. It was nice to have Elder Bateman because he knew how to explain it all.
![]() |
| Rød Grød med Fløde for breakfast |
Saturday was a special day for Elder Pike and I. Elder Pike had taught and baptized a sister in Køge. We planned on meeting some missionaries and her to do baptisms. We arrived, and found out that had snowed there, so the appointment was changed to 1 instead of 10. Instead we did a session which was a blessing in itself. It was in Swedish, so it was a little harder to understand everything. We went with the Sister at 1 for baptisms. A special feeling came as she was baptized and confirmed for her mom. At the end they allowed us to do ten confirmations and baptisms. I was the last one beptized by Elder Halling when they had us switch. The first time I get to do baptize someone in the temple, and it was all in Danish. Since I was the last one they had be dry the glass and ledge around the font. We had a great time in the temple.
![]() |
| Copenhagen Denmark Temple |
This week we found a part member family in Allerød. The father is a member, but his name isn't on the ward list. One of his coworkers found out he was LDS, and reffered the family to us. We stopped by, and they want there two girls to go to primary. We hope to help the whole family become active in the church.
![]() |
| American candy from Familien Svennsen and Familien Andersen |
Transfers will be next Monday, so next week I might have a new area and companion.
Elder Francis







No comments:
Post a Comment