![]() |
| Sending stuff home |
![]() |
| Palle Foss - Quorum President and Henrik Olson - Branch President |
Everyone,
I guess that I have some nyheder for all of you. We got a nice call from President O'Bryant that our area would be whitewashed by sisters. Your first thought is probably oh no. I thought that Elder Francis's area was doing really well. Why is he getting whitewashed? The problem is that we have too many sisters in the mission now. Our area is doing really well, so President put sisters on Amager. It has been a sad weekened saying goodbye to a great branch and our investigators.
![]() |
| Cleaning the shower |
Most of this weekened was spent preparing our area for the sisters. We typed up a big report for them, so they can be up to speed on the area. We also did a little cleaning. Our apartment was already really clean. Luckily they had two of the cleanest Elders in the mission there. The only hard part was spending a few hours scrubbing the shower. Due to the amount of calcuim in the water the tiles get yellow if you don't squeegee. I can honestly say that on Sunday we had the cleanest and whitest bathroom in the mission.
![]() |
| Slægtsforsking and Sandwiches (Family History Work) |
We met a new investigator named Marie. She is wonderful. her desire is to follow God, so she has a basic belief already. From our lesson we learned that her needs are to find out what she really believes. We had a member with, and he bore powerful testimony of how the gospel can bless families. It fit with our lesson, and at the end she seemed very happy.
![]() |
| Anne Lise |
Anne Lise was so sad to see us leave. It looked like she was going to cry when we told her at church. Our lesson was on Visdomsordet. The member we had ready to come with us cancled about 45 minutes before. That made it a little stressful, but our lesson was wonderful. It made sense to her, and at the end she committed to live it. She has come a long way from the first time that I met her. I think that the sisters will really help her.
![]() |
| Me with Ole and Jan |
President Olson called us late Saturday night and asked us to give talks in Sacrament. It was very last minute, but it gave us the chance to speak to the branch one last time. I spoke on prayer. At the end I shared a time when my prayer had been answered, and I wanted to share it with everyone at home.
| Photo of our district |
On one of our cycle tours on Amager I was wondering why. Why had I come to Amager? It was at a difficult time in my mission. While biking I said a simple prayer asking Heavenly Father why. My answer came in the form of a few thoughts. In my setting apart blessing I was told that I would help members and inactives. I knew that part of that promise was fulfilled here on Amager. (After Sacrament the members shared how much I had helped them, and one mentioned her husband who is inactive now.) I also thought that I had come at the right time. I was sent out to specifically come here to Amager. I didn't know this when I came, but I know it know. For some reason I was needed in Amager, and I am forever grateful that I could work here.
![]() |
| Last look on Amager |
Elder Francis
P.S. I totally forgot. You are all wondering where I am now.
Back on the promised land of Jylland in the Randers Branch! I am in a tripanionship of Elder Eriksen and Elder Johansen








No comments:
Post a Comment