Denmark

Denmark

Monday, February 13, 2017

D&C 96:4 - February 13, 2017





Therefore, take heed that ye see to this matter, and that portion that is necessary to benefit mine order, for the purpose of bringing forth my word to the children of men.



Everyone,

A big week for us in Randers. To start off we met this nice lady named Jane. She started talking to us for a little bit, and then asks the question, "If there is a God then why to bad things happen?" I studied that earlier in the week, so I felt like I had an appropriate answer for her. We had the Book of Mormon out, so I read to her Alma 14:10-11. I explained what was happening before hand. Anyways, she listened quietly, and then in a way accepted it. We gave her the Book of Mormon, and got a return appointment. Later in the week on splits we started talking about this scripture. We realized that it is a hard scripture to read to someone right away when you meet them. We have talked to her since then, and should meet with her this evening.



Last Monday we went knocking in some upgangs, not a big coincidence. We met this man named Martin who invited us in when he opened the door, but then seeing that we weren't who he thought we were, talked to us on the doorstep (Sorry about the grammar in that sentence). He accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon, and we made a return appointment.



Next appointment we taught him the Restoration, and learned about his beliefs. He literally believes in almost everything. Asatroene (Norse gods), Christianity, an a couple other things. He was so happy that we came back to talk to him. We met with him again on Saturday, and he had a friend with him. Both of them want to find God in their lives, and are willing to talk to us. They have all the basic concepts, but they need us to guide them on the path. This was so exciting for us because at the end Martin asked us about when church is, and he wants to come this Sunday.



Tina met with us this week. We went through the Restoration with her. She had a few questions about church and the Sacrament which we were able to answer through 3rd Nephi. As we left we both felt the Spirit. We are going a little slowly with her so that she understands. It is more of a question of when she will become a member instead of if.



We sent a referral to the Århus Sisters. I found this lady in our phone, and called to see if she would be interested. She was, but she lives in Århus. Long story short she is a golden investigator for the sisters, and has a baptismal date of March 4th. Another Jimmy story for Randers.

At 00:30 Saturday morning someone started yelling and banging on our door. Elder Adams stayed in bed while I answered the door. A young adult boy was trying to find a Kristian Østergaard for something or other. He did a lot of yelling about it. I think that our apartment was protected when he came. Looking back I believe that there were guardian angels protecting the door while I talked to him.

For us the new schedule gives us a little more flexibility with our day. We have to be back home by 8 at night now. We can leave to start work in the mornings after 8:30, but before 10. They don't want us st do all of studies in the morning. Because we come in at 8 we do some studies during that time.

Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment