Denmark

Denmark

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Alma 22:15 - January 30, 2017

15 And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.

Everyone,

Our week went quite well. Elder Adams and I have worked really hard, and we were blessed.

Sunday was one of the best days for me. We went knocking in some upgangs down by the station. No one answered for a little bet. Then this lady opens the door, and tells us to come inside. Her name is Elsa. She was with a friend last week, and recognized us because we knocked on her friends door. She told us that she has lived in Randers for a long time, but missionaries have never knocked on her door. We started teaching her about the Restoration, and a concern was brought almost immediantly. She wants to know that God is there in her heart, and that she doesn't feel like she can pray. For some reason she really opened up to us about this. We committed her to read, and try to say a simple prayer. We came out happy and excited for her.

Memory wasn't home for either of the appointments that we set with her. That was sad, but she is trying to read. We will see what happens this week.

We met this less active named Peter who is Chinese. He was baptised ten years ago as a student in København. He has been less active for several years now. His wife isn't a member, and he wants us to start teaching her. It was interesting to meet with them because you can see that both of them need the gospel. His wife seems prepared for our message, but it may take some time because they are about to have their first child, a boy.

Tina met with us this week! It was another amazing lesson. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and how we can find an answer about if it is true. This lesson was diferent from some of the others I have had. It felt that she wants to join the church, and the the real question was how to I get the answer instead of if.

Elder Adams is from Salt Lake City. No really, like the actual Salt Lake City. Trying to explain that to members has been a challenge. He is the oldest of three kids, so he has a younger brother and sister. Several emails said that we are related an Adams family. I am sure it isn't his because his dads family is all Catholic, and they are from the east coast. This week has been great, and we have had a fun time together.

Our week went really well, and we were blessed in our work. Please give the younger kids a big hug for me. 

Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment