But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
Everyone,
It has been a special week in Horsens, but also a week of change.
The big news first. Forrest got baptized, and it was amazing. The Spirit was incredible during the meeting. Once we finished the closing prayer Forrest jumped up and shared his testimony to everyone. He gave a powerful testimony of how he knew this was right. We had lots of success there. Irma came, and felt the Spirit. He said that he felt that this was the place that he needed to be. That was wonderful to hear (He came to church yesterday, and Elder Gardner gave him a tie. He (Irma) made the comment that he would be wearing it more often). Camille came to the baptism as well. She is still a little skeptical, but is thinking about all of it a little more seriously. Wille is a referral from Århus, and he was there as well. He had a great time as well.
A miracle from the baptism. Århus came because Elder Kennedy helped teach Forrest. They invited their investigators Mia-Britt and Anders to come and watch because they are on date. Turns out they came to both the baptism on Wednesday and the confirmation on Sunday. Mia-Britt was so happy. She said that she knew during the baptism that this is what she needs to do. Earlier today they sent us a text about how grateful they were that they could come. They also said that they are certain about everything now, and have decided to get re-married.
Here is part of the text from this morning:
- Hej og god morgen Ældst Francis og Ældste Gardner. Vi ønsker at udtrykke vores taknemmelighed! Vi er så glade for at vi oplevede Forrest's dåb, og at vi blev så hjerteligt modtaget. Vi har sammen fundet svarene på vores bønner, og vi ved at kirken er sand, og at Jesu Kristi evangelium er sand. Vi ved at vi vil og må efterleve visdomsordet, kyskedsloven, omvende os og blive døbt. Du kære Ældste Francis, har vist os og givet os (gennem helligånden, og i kræft af præstedømmet) muligheden for at blive bekræftet i vores tro. Vi er evigt taknemmelig for at Gud har talt til os, og vist os vejen.
Translation...Hello and good morning Elders Francis and Elder Gardner. We wish to express our gratitude! We are so happy that we saw Forrest's baptism and that we were so warmly received. Together, we have the answers to our prayers, and we know that the church is true and that Jesus Christ is true. We know that we will and must live the Word of Wisdom, kyskedsloven, repent and be baptized. You dear Elder Francis have shown us and given us (through the Holy Spirit, and power of the priesthood) the possibility of being confirmed in our faith. We are forever grateful that God has spoken to us and shown us the way.
Easter Sunday was wonderful. Church was wonderful with a special Spirit. We ate with the Familien Gade for lunch, and with Familien Annette Rosenkilde for dinner. All of the church bells were playing throughout the city. As is typical with Denmark. Everyone is off from work and school, so everything feels like a ghost town.
| Transfer Train |
Transfers are today, and we got big news about our area. Elder Gardner has tansfered to Svendborg. I have been the district leader of the Fredericia district last transfer, and this transfer we will combine with Esbrjeg district. That means I have 13 missionaries in my district (Side note: The size of Nord Sjælland Zone last transfer). Horsens Æ, Horsens S, Vejle, Fredericia, Sønderbog, Esbjerg Æ, and Esbjerg S. If that doesn't sound confusing I am now training! Last two transfers!
Things are going well, but I am a little stressed with everything that I have going on now. Elder Gardner told me that I need to keep working hard until the end because I am the experienced missionary in my companionship as well as the example for my district. Lots of changes will happen, and I think that I will be learning a lot these next two transfers.
| On the train |
Other than that the week was great and buisy. This week is all over every where already. Thank you for all of the fun pictures. I am so glad that Grandma and Grandpa are back. It is so exciting.
Time seems to go by so quickly whenever I think about writing a letter home. I hope that you are all doing well. The work here in Horsens has been great. This is an amazing area, and I am surrounded by many great missionaries.
I am excited for when all of you will be serving a mission. It is one of the best things you can do. Recently I finished Mormons Bog in 1 month. It was challenging, but it strengthened my testimony of the book. I want to commit you all to read in The Book of Mormon. As you all work on this I would like you to find a favorite scripture. In your next letter please write the reference for me. Currently mine is: Mosiah 4:27. God will strengthen us.
Vi ses snart! (Mindre end 100 dage)
Time seems to go by so quickly whenever I think about writing a letter home. I hope that you are all doing well. The work here in Horsens has been great. This is an amazing area, and I am surrounded by many great missionaries.
I am excited for when all of you will be serving a mission. It is one of the best things you can do. Recently I finished Mormons Bog in 1 month. It was challenging, but it strengthened my testimony of the book. I want to commit you all to read in The Book of Mormon. As you all work on this I would like you to find a favorite scripture. In your next letter please write the reference for me. Currently mine is: Mosiah 4:27. God will strengthen us.
Vi ses snart! (Mindre end 100 dage)
MKH,
Love,
Elder Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment