11 The Lord will give strength unto his people;
the Lord will bless his people with peace.
| Odense |
This week has been great here in Horsens. I spent two days in Odense with Elder Burgin while we waited for our trainees to arrive. Elder Burgin is a great Elder, and we had lots of fun together. Including riding city bikes to their area. To give you an idea on my city bike. The front tire was crooked, the back tire had a lump in it, the gears were broken, the pedals were bent, and the seat slowly slides down. We just laughed about it, and kept biking.
We got to København Tuesday night with the other trainers. I spent the night at the Assistants appartment (without the Assistants), with Elder Perkins, Elder Dibble, and Elder Jensen. All of which were from my MTC group. Elder Burgin came with us, and it took him about 30 minutes before he realized that. He couldn't understand why we were all so happy to see each other, and why we got along so quickly. President always says that the more missionaries there are in an apartment the lower the IQ. I am happy to say that this was the best splits I have been on. By 7:30 we were all showered, and ready to begin our day. We even cleaned up the Assistants apartment.
After a few hours of training from the office staff, the Assistants, and President and Sister O'Bryant we got our trainees. I got Elder Merrill from Logan, Utah. He is the oldest of 4, and likes robotics. He reminds me of my friend Bryant Ferrin. We took the train with Elder Jensen and his trainee, Elder Arnold. Turns out that Elder Arnold is from Fruit Heights, and went to Davis. We finally have 2 darts in the mission!
| With Elder Merrill |
Elder Merrill is great. He has a strong desire to talk to others. I am suprised by how much Danish he can say already. Several members commented on it after he bore his testimony yesterday in Sacrament.
| Odense |
There was a small mix up. As district leader I have 7 companionships in my district, and am over 13 missionaries. District meeting was exciting with so many people there. Everyone was excited to start the transfer, and work together to make it amazing. After district meeting we discussed a district activity. Everyone agreed to Lego land, so we will be going this transfer.
Thank you for your prayers and support.
Elder Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment