Denmark

Denmark

Monday, January 11, 2016

Almas Bog 34:33-35‏ - January 11, 2016


By the castle

Alma 34:33-35 

33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do notprocrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.

 34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possessyour bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world. 

35 For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have becomesubjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked.

Final photo as a companionship
Everyone,

Last week went really well for us. Our best lesson as a companionship was with Eduardo. We taught him Frelsesplanen, and he understood most of it. The spirit was really strong, and we were able to use inspired questions with him. He had some great questions which we were able to answer. As we walked home we both mentioned how amazing it was to be apart of it.
The frozen Roskilde Fjord
We stopped by to see one of our investigators in Helsinge. She came out of her house, and said that she couldn't and didn't want to meet with us because we were Mormons. This was a really hard thing to hear because previously she had been very positive to listen to us. That was also one of the coldest nights knocking for us. When things go wrong I think that the weather tries too as well (Two o's in too. I can't remember from English class).
The National Danish Meal
Thursday we had an eating appointment in Mårum. The Helsingør Elders missed the bus by 5 minutes, so they decided to walk. The family was really nice, and they packed dinner for them. By the time that we found them on the side of the road they were both soaked and cold. We were starting splits, so I went with Elder Hendricksen back to Helsingør. That night was one of those moments were you think that you are a missionary, and that you can do anything. Hence, trying to walk to an appointment.
Which one is strawberry flavor?
A few weeks ago I shared a message with the Larsens in Frederkssund. We ate with their family again on Saturday of last week. before we did our message Sister Larsen asked if we could share the same message I had from a few weeks prior. Brother Larsen hadn't been there the first time, so she wanted him to hear it. The message was the "Life Equal Risk" movie. We don't teach investigators that much, but when we are able to teach a member in such a way that they want to hear it again, it makes your day (That was probably a run-on sentence).
Riding in the car

Other than all of that our week was lots of knocking and traveling around our area. Transfers were announced on Saturday. Elder Halversen is now in Skive, and I have Elder Pike who is the new district leader.
My Christmas Tree thanks to Familien Allen Francis
God has blessed us here in Hillerød. We know that he is watching over us. Thank you for your prayers in my/our behalf.

Ældste Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment