 |
| Jim and I |
11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
 |
| Hedgehog |
Everyone,
This week has been very long for us here on Amager. Elder Magleby and I have gotten along great. Lots of rain this week, bike problems, strong winds, and cold weather. Yea, I said cold weather. The mornings are colder and the nights are darker. Then we realize that it is the middle of August. Winter should not be approaching us until at the least late September. Oh, well. So is the life of a Danish missionary.
 |
| Transfer day splits |
One thing that has made this week enjoyable is my new companion Elder Magleby. He is from American Fork, Utah, and is the second youngest of five. His first name is Sam (like my brother). His last name is very Danish. Almost anyone we talk to will comment about it. They always tell us about Stor Magleby which is by Dragør. One of the members we did service for pulled out a book, and read some of the history of the town. Elder Magleby already loves this area because that is where his ancestors are from. His third great grandfather emigratted to the United States from Stor Magleby, Amager, Danmark. A little slægtsforskning I thought was interesting.
 |
| Amager Fort |
President O'Bryant leaves on Saturday, and he won't be back until September. He has to get a heart surgery with a laser in the US.
 |
| Elder Beck with Mathias |
Most of my email will be about several experiences that have happened to us this week. They all happened on seperate days, but they are all mixed into one. One night we were walking througha light rainstorm. It was towards the beginning of the week, and already things had been really tough. The sun came out, and we saw a double rainbow behind us. After looking at them we started discussing the rainbow as a symbol. It was a sign to Noah of God's covenant never to flood the earth again. We then took it as a symbol for us here on Amager that God is in control. He knows us, and will not let us fail.
 |
| Trying to look cool |
Fast forward to Saturday night. We knocked on a little street, and had fair success talking to those we met. We then met a man who was very rude to us, and said lots of not so nice things about us and our religion. That is always hard to take when you know that something is true. A few houses down with a short rainstorm in between a little miracle occured. Above us were thick black coulds, and we felt a little sadnend. Off in the distance the clouds broke apart exaclty infront of the setting sun. It was bright at that one point. Looking behind us we saw a rainbow. This gave us the hope and courage to continue knocking.
 |
| Trying to fix our apartment |
It may have been promptings that led us to the next road we knocked. Another man came out with his daughter, and was not happy to see us. Walking home that night we discussed the lessons that we had learned. Both of us know that God is there. That night we saw what Satan could do to try and discourage us. "Through our faith in Christ, Satans attempts were stamped out." - Ældste Magleby and Ældste Francis
 |
| Rainbows! |
Sunday night we had another experience close to the ones on Saturday. This one actually threatenend us if we didn't leave, but then the clouds broke and we saw a rainbow.
 |
| Rainbows! |
Out of all of these experiences I know that I am here for a reason. Both of us have decided that Satan wouldn't be trying so hard if this work wasn't true.
 |
| German built church on Amager |
Jeg ved Gud er vores Fader i himlem. Jeg ved at Jesu Kristi Kirke af Sidste Dages Hellige er sand. Jeg har set den velsignelser i mit liv fra evangeliet. Jeg ved disse ting fordi af Helligåden. Gud vær med jer til vi ses igen.
(I know God is our Father in heaven. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is true. I've seen the blessings in my life from the Gospel. I know these things because of the Holy Spirit. God be with you till we meet again.)
Elder Francis
 |
| Elder Beck and I |
 |
| Awkward Photo |
 |
| Girls Bike with a doll seat |
Mama and Papa,
Happy Anniversery this week! I won't be there to celebrate it, so this email will be 6 days early. Have a wonderful Saturday. The Danes love to have big parties, so have a big party there with my cardboard cutout.
Love your son,
Ben
 |
| Eating at KFC |
 |
Elder Beck on a slack line
|
No comments:
Post a Comment