Denmark

Denmark

Monday, August 1, 2016

D&C 111:11 - August 1, 2016

More spots around Amager

11 Therefore, be ye as wise as serpents and yet without sin; and I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them. Amen.
More spots around Amager
Everyone,

A strange coincidence this week. I met some people from Kaysville, Utah, The Jensons. Who could have guessed that would have happened? 

Meeting the Jenson's from Kaysville!
It didn't sink in until about an hour later that I had met people from my town who knew my family. Missions can bring some crazy miracles. 
Amager
One highlight was that we had my first member present lesson here on Amager. After some work and several phone calls we had Ulla with us to Anne-Lise. Members help with lessons so much. Ulla helped us to address several questions that Anne-Lise has had for several weeks. The members here are so strong, and their testimonies are very powerful.

More spots around Amager
We met two Africans while contacting. They asked us what our purpose was because they felt that there was something more in what we were saying. Ja, tak. One accepted a Mormons Bog, and was interested in why we came to Denmark for two years. At one point they said that my Danish was good and that I had all the right tones. Not to let pride get in the way, but that comment really helped me because I have felt down about my speaking ability.

We taught a family this week. Our hours of service payed off, and they let us come back to teach them a lesson. We did it on the restoration, and at the end they both accepted a Book of Mormon. It is really hard to find families who are fully interested, but we are on our way with this one.
Amager
Elder Beck got two flat tires this week. Both of which were in Tårnby, and so we ended up walking about an hour each time to get back home. His bike is slowly falling apart. The tires are bald and very smooth, so we think that the wire inside is what caused the flats. Everyday has to have another uplanned adventure to go with it.

Thank you for all the support from home. Shout out to my little sister Emma who has a birthday this week.

Elder Francis

Mama, 

Thank you for the email from this week, and all of the photos from Philmont. I loved seeing all of the kids having fun. Nic is growing up so fast. I wish that I could be with him. Have fun with everyone at home.

Love, Ben




No comments:

Post a Comment