| Elder Erikson, Elder Johansen, and me |
| Hygge Time |
Everyone,
This week has been quite interesting for us in Randers. Lots of phone calls to København, and out of all of it we find out that Elder Johansen will sadly be leaving us. He has to catch a train in a few hours to start his journey to his mission in Provo. It has been a blast having him. This tripanionship ony lasted two weeks, but we have all become really close quite quickly.
We spent two days in Århus. One was with zone training, and the other was on splits. We learned about Mormons Bog and using our language. President O'Bryant showed us the beggining of "A New Day for the Book of Mormon." It was wonderful to see. He taught us the importance of it, and evan though we tend to get lots of anti stuff that it is true. It was a great testimony builder as sadly this week Henrik, our investigator, has sent us lots of anti stuff.
Splits was a blast. I went with Elder Erickson and Elder Ericksen around Århus. Elder Erickson is my district leader, and he was in my MTC group. He is the only Elder Erickson I know from the Centerville area (We have 4 Elder Ericksens in the mission). During our afternoon work time he met a member on the bus. She needed some help moving a few items. She is in the process of moving to a new apartment. It was really hard to go to her old apartment as she is a hoarder. It was more of moving her stuff between rooms as she can't throw anything away.
I met Morton this week. He is a sports announcer here in Denmark, and is really nice. His main concern is finding faith in God. Our simple lesson on Frelsesplanen helped him out quite a bit. We did lots of testifying of our message. I think that as he continues to learn that the gospel will help hm in a special way.
I also met Per who is a strong Methodist. He has completely different ideas on the apostacy and prophets. It will take an open heart for him to understand and accept what we teach. He has a strong faith in his religion, but in our lesson he expressed excitement for coming to our church on Sundays. Miracles happen all over in little ways.
Conference weekened was great. All of the sessions were inspiring. We huddled around a computer screen to watch the end of the Saterday Afternoon session. Elder Oak's talk brought such a special Spirit. His words were so inspiring. We couldn't stop talking about it for several minutes afterwards. Another talk I loved was by President Eyering during the Priesthood session. It made me think of the many mentors I have had to help me in my life.
Thank you. Have a fun week. Give everyone a big hug for me. Escpecially Baden, Eli, and Nic. I miss everyone so much.
Happy Birthday to Mama on Thursday!
Elder Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment