Denmark

Denmark

Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17, 2016

This is part of the Fjord here in Randers.

Everyone,

Lots of fun stuff going on here in Randers. We had a really hard week in terms of investigators, but a great week in terms of blessings from Heavenly Father.

Randers
Nice weather here in Randers today!
I try to send my brother Sam a little spiritual thought each week (Sorry Sam for writing this to everyone). For some reason on Monday I chose a scripture on goverments, and I talked about how we should remember the gospel in times like these. It was the strangest thought I have ever done. Here in Denmark it made no sense to me why I should send it, but the Spirit was really strong. I sent it anyways not thinking to much about it. Tuesday night comes, and we are helping at the family histroy center. A member starts telling us about how Deseret News wrote an article on the current presidential race. We aren't supposed to discuss politics here, but all of the sudden it all made sense. God really does work in mysterious ways.

Service
We had splits with Ã…rhus this week. I went with Elder Preece. He has only been here for about 5 weeks or so. It amazed me how well he did with knocking and contacting. He got the door open several times, and I was very impressed. For language study we did reading, and his pronunciation was quite good. Several times during the day I thought to myself, I don't think I knew that when I was five weeks in.
Service

The branch asked us to teach a Hungarian family in the ward a few ways to learn Danish. We had a nice evening with them. Our ideas are really basic like carry a notebook and read the Book of Mormon, but they seemed happy about it. During our conversation they started writing down words to learn.


We took an essentials today because we have an activity on Saturday. A member asked us to do service this morning, so it worked out that we emailed a little later today. I feel so bad that the kiddles couldn't read it before school.
My sad pizza.

I am doing really well. Elder Johansen and I  are doing great together. I am so excited that Sam is going to tour BYU and USU. I hope that he makes it into both schools.
Oreo pie

Good luck with the pinkeye. Good luck with everything this week. I love you all.

Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment