Denmark

Denmark

Monday, March 6, 2017

1 Nephi 10:17 - March 6, 2017



Karen Darre with me
17 And it came to pass after I, Nephi, having heard all thewords of my father, concerning the things which he saw in a vision, and also the things which he spake by the power of the Holy Ghost, which power he received by faith on the Son of God—and the Son of God was the Messiah who should come—I, Nephi, was desirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of theHoly Ghost, which is the gift of God unto all those who diligently seek him, as well in times of old as in the time that he should manifest himself unto the children of men.


Eric and his daughter Laura (this is the first time she has visited him in 18 months)


Everyone,

It was my last week in Randers, but now I am in Horsens. The Danish LegoLand is in my area. I am companions with Elder Gardner who is one transfer older than me, and has been in Horsens for two transfers already.
At the Randers church building



We met with several members this week for eating appointments. It was nice because then I could say goodbye to everyone. Stake Conference was yesterday, and it was a regional conference for northern Europe (Ireland, England, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland). I think that was everyone watching the broadcast.



Two members in Århus I found out were scouters (sorry the picture is blurry)

Old scout troop shield

They met at several locations throughout Denmark to watch the broadcast. We went down to Århus. A member of our Stake Presidency gave the first talk. He spoke of being thankful, and giving service to others. We then watched the broadcast which they had showing in both Danish and English. My favorite talk was by Elder Ballard. He gave counsel like Paul did for the saints here. One thought I enjoyed was very direct. He said that we shouldn't take a Sunday off because it is Stake Conference or General Conference. Those are two very important times for us to learn.

Familien Nielsen and I
New Apartment
We moved into a new apartment on Saturday, so we are done living in Århus. Elder Adams went to a baptism in København, so Elder Preece from Aalborg came down to help me while his companion went with Elder Adams. Our new apartment is on top of the hill, so that is a nice blessing. Sadly, I only had two days to enjoy it.
The District


Tuesday was a fun day for us. We went to a Bible Study at Sankt Peters Kirke. They had about 30 people come. It included dinner, and then a short lesson on who Christ is. The priest then had us get into groups, and we discussed what was presented. They found out that we were two Americans learning Danish, and then they were all very impressed. We had some good contacts with several in the group, and the Elders in Randers should have a great time with it in the coming weeks.

Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment