| Amazing Sunrise |
25 And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth remission of sins;
26 And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, whichComforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.
| Here is a picture of my district. Elder Yates is taking the picture, and his wife Sister Yates is with the Sisters. This district is for Fredericia ward and Horsens ward. |
We had a fun week in Horsens. This is a great city to serve in, and the ward is amazing.
This week started out with nothing. We didn't have anything going for us at the beginning. Then with prayer, faith, and miracles we have already helped this area a lot.
| The tower is our apartment |
| My bed |
| Low fan above the stove |
I met a great member named Jens. He has been a members since the 1980s. He told us about his conversion story which started when he was ten. His grandma told him some things about life after death, and then later that day he heard a voice. The voice told him that he would find a book, and that he should believe what it taught. The first time that he heard about the Book of Mormon he new that it was the book the voice had told him about.
![]() |
| Mission Leadership Meeting in Copenhagen |
Thursday was a wonderful day for me. District meeting was down in Fredericia, and I got to see one of my favorite companions again, Elder Olson. I traveled with several of the district to København for a leadership meeting for leaders and future leaders in the mission. After a wonderful uplifting experience there I took the train with Elder Teynor, my district leader from Århus, back to Horsens. We got home at about 10:30, and made it to bed a little before 11. It was a long day with lots of sitting on trains (like 6-7 hours), but it was great.
| With Elder Curnow (MTC district) in Copenhagen |
Sunday had so many miracles for us. We decided to take a different route than usual through the city during our contacting. Within 20 minutes we met two people who accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon, and then set up a return appointment with us. We were both on a spiritual high from that. Later in the day I felt impressed to take a bike path, but no one was walking on it. As we circled back towards the centrum we met a nice girl from Salvation Army. She was interested as well, and accepted a Book of Mormon.
| Me and Elder Gardner |
My companion Elder Gardner is amazing. He is one of the best Elders I have been with. I believe that he loves people into learning about the gospel. I have learned so much from him already. He is about 6' 4'', and comes from Mesa, Arizona. We are both on the taller end of missionaries which makes it hard to work in the kitchen. The fan for our stove is really low, so we can only use the front two burners comfortably. Same thing with the shower head,it is a little short.
We are at the library emailing, so I asked the other missionaries to guess where Sam is going on his mission:
Myself: Maine or Zimbabwe
Elder Garder: Mesa Arizona or Spanish Speaking, Pakistan
Sisters: China or Samoa
I have been wondering...what happened with Sam and BYU? I havn't heard anything from him in two weeks. Did my cousin Allison make it?
I loved going back to Copenhagen. Everything was so familier. I got to see one of the members from Amager, Torben. Other than that this was a great week.
Elder Francis

No comments:
Post a Comment