Denmark

Denmark

Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 2 in Denmark


A famous street in Denmark!
Everyone,

This week has been very humbling and hard for us. There were some fun times mixed in each day though. As we got groceries on Monday we stopped in the lego section at the Bilka. We looked at all of the cool legos, and I thought about everyone at home. As we went through the section I found a lego mindstorm. (Sam you should know what I am talking about) I checked the price, and found it to be 1000 krones. It was on sale for about 150 US dollars. I wanted to get it, but knew that I still had 2 years to go, and don't have the space to pack it around. Maybe in 2 years there will be another sale. :)

This week I went on splits with our district leader Ældste Kinch. We biked a lot, and my legs are really sore from it. The time I spent with him I really felt like a missionary. We had lessons, and visited several peaple in there area.

Ældste Halverson got a new bike, so we don't take the bus as often. We travel much faster in Hillerød, and sometimes I think of the best two years. I am using an older bike from the Apartment which is slightly to small, but it is working out.

The castle in our area.

Some of the miracles this week have really tried our faith. We contacted several old investigators, and were able to talk with them. We are trying to increase our teaching pool. The two investigators we had last week aren't doing very well. Both of them canceled their appointments with us, and one hasn't for a time to reschedule. I have knocked lots of doors this week, and found that most Danes are very polite to us. This isione of the few ways to find new investigators, and we haven't seen anyone open up yet.

Thursday we set a goal to find a family that we could teach. In all of our proayers we asked for help to find one. Out of all the doors that we knocked only one answered, and they accepted a card from us. Sometimes the Lord answers your prayers in a different way than you are expecting.

We had to get some lights for our bikes,, so that we can travel at night. We got what we needed, and as we left the store a gentleman stopped us. He started talking English to us, and asked if we taught peace or war. We said peace, and then he started saying that we loved war because we were Americans. He asked about Mitt Romney, and started going off on that. After he left I really thought about the gift of Agency, and how it affects everyones lives. I also thought about how we weren't in Kysville, Utah, and Things are going to be a little bit different here in Denmark.

This week has been tough, but I try to take it one step at a time. My faith grows a Little every day as I learn to rely on the Lord in all things. I love you all.

Ældste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment