Denmark

Denmark

Monday, September 28, 2015

Farewell MTC and First Week in Denmark - September 1st


Elder Francis at the MTC Map!!!


Our MTC district with our teachers Sister Paulsen and Brother Williamson.

Everyone,

This last week has been a whirlwind. I finished up at the MTC, and for our last devotional we heard President Dalquist. Afterwards I went up to him, and shook his hand. He recognized me, and said that Japan had been great. Bening able to hear from someone I knew the last week was a tender blessing for me.

We got to the airport safely early Monday morning, and made it through. I was able to call home for a few minutes which was wonderful. Elder Erikson's dad came, and he sent the Picture of me. When we got on the plane we all felt like crying. I had a window seat in the back of the plane, and after we took off I could see Grammy and Grandpa Joe's house. It was a cool memory before we left Utah. 

When we got to JFk we were expecting to run through the airport to catch our flight to Copenhagen. As we got off we found it two gates over. This was nice because we were able to have dinner and relax before getting onto the plane. None of us slept much on the flight over. As we started the descent into Denmark everything was cloudy below us. The plane went into a cloud, and for a couple seconds it cleared up, and we could see the ground. It was so green, and we all started talking at once about how cool it was.
On the plane to Denmark! I am sitting between Elder Baadsgaard (window) and Elder Dibble.
President and Sister OBrient met us at the airport, and for the rest of the day we tracted in the area and had interviews. For dinner we ate some really cool food, and then crashed about 8. 

Getting off the plane in Copenhagen...

The whole group arriving at the airport and being greeted by President and Sister O'Bryant.


In the morning we were given sheets for our beds, and instructed that they go with us on each transfer.

With President and Sister O'Bryant



I met my companion Elder Halverson from Indiana. He is really nice, and has been her since March. We live in a town called Hillerød, and our Ward is in Allerød. My area is almost everything North of Allerød except for a stripe on the East side. There are six missionaries for the ward including us, and the other companionships are great.

Elder Francis and Elder Halversen
We have an investigaot Henrietta who is really nice. She is taking the discussions with us, and we hope that she will start coming to church. She has three boys between the ages of 13 to 18. Another investigator we have is Aram. He has a baptisimal date for the 27th of this month. He is progressing really well, and we hope that everything works out for him in the coming weeks.

The ward mission leader is Jens Anderson. He is really nice, and was the Mission President here before President Sederholm.

Our Apartment is in the basement of a members house. They are an older couple, and they had us over for dinner on Thursday. They said that I spoke really clearly even though I don't say much.  On Saturday we met another member Jessica who had all of the missionaries in the ward come to dinner. When we went I could see Sweden across the water. She had me pray, and said that my Words are really clear. Both of these were nice, but I still have a lot to learn before I can understand what others are syaing to me.

A fuzzy picture of the famous church where the Carl Bloch statue of the Christus and Apostles are.

I spoke in church yesterday because I am new to the ward. I gave a simple testimony, and sat down. It was hard, but I know that I can do it.

We ride buses and trains everyday. One thing I have to learn is the Schedules, and where they go. We also do a lot of contacting. Most days we have several hours were we knock on doors and talk to people on the street.

It is really hard here. Nothing is the same, but I am glad that I made it to p-day. As I am writing the computer says that all of the Words are wrong. Some of them might be because this is the first time that I have used a Danish keyboard. Love you all, and hope that you have a great week.

Ældste Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment