| Random Statue |
11 Behold I say unto you, that whosoever has heard the words of the prophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the kingdom of God.
| Rita (a member) |
Everyone,
We are officially in the cold season now here in Randers. Last night it started snowing, and it has continued throughout most of today. At least to right now when we are emailing. It hasn't stuck to the ground, but it is all over the cars. I don't know what the temperture reads, but with the wind chill we have had to break out our thermals.
| Dressed up with winter gear in the dark |
We met this nice lady named Tina while out knocking. She took the lessons when she was younger, and beliews most fo the thinks that we do already. Her only problem is that she believes the apostacy is still going on. We testified that the Restoration has occured, and at the end she said that we could be right. I am excited to meet with her again this week.
Claus was another man that we met while knocking. He doesn't have any belief,but he was really intested in what we had to say. It was a suprising contact for me because he continued asking us questions which isn't really normal. We were able to set up another appointment for this coming week, so that was a big miracle.
| Snow on a car |
Per met with us this week as well. He took us out o a Chinese restaurant. It was really fun. His roommate Henrik was there as well, and he talked about his recent trip to Pakistan and Ghana. Henrik is some sort of spiritual leader, so he goes to these places to do conferences. It was quite interesting to listen to him. You are probably wondering why Per took us to this restaurant. It was a thank you for the help we gave him when he moved.
| Street Performer in Århus |
We spent one day way out in Grenaa. I met Vivi for the first time. She is a less active that we are working with. She already has a pretty solid testimony. I enjoyed our lesson with her because you could really feel the Spirit. I think that we will start to see some real progress from her in the coming months.
| Church in Randers |
I do feel like I know the gospel better, and that I have come to know my Savior than ever before. My testimony is getting stronger each day, and I am coming to love reading my scriptures.
I spent last week reading through the beginning of Mosiah. Abinadi is one of my favorite Book of Mormon prophets. He shares such a simple but important message to King Noah and his priests. I chose the scripture above because it is on the Savior. We are all part of one big family of God. It is great to be here, and share the gospel to my spiritual siblings in Denmark. The verse also talks about those who pophesied of the coming of Christ. As we get closer to this Christmas season (no Thanksgiving here in Denmark), let us remember the true meaning of Christmas, and the wonderful news that the Christ child was born.
Elder Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment