Denmark

Denmark

Monday, November 28, 2016

Oplys Verden - Light the World

At the Gardens (notice the white shirt, it was really hot)

Hobro

Everyone,
The Christmas initiative is amazing! Oplys Verden - Light the World I am so excited to continue using it in our work. We got it last week, and started using it immediately. 


This is such a great tool that we have this year, and I am so glad to use it here in Denmark. A little side note. Light in Danish is lys. Instead of lys they used oplys. This makes is mean both light the world, but also fill the world with light. One of the members pointed that out to me when we ate with them the day it came out.
Århus domkirke








District in Århus domkirke

Last week had its ups and downs. Elder Ericksen got sick again, so we had to spend a day inside. That was a little hard, but I got lots of other things done during that time. He is doing better now, but it could return with the cold weather.
Botonical Gardens






Cina, Sara, and Tina are doing well. We invited them to the ward Christmas lunch. It looks like Cina and Sara can come. We are praying that they will because it will be a big strength for the branch if we can get a few of our investigators to come.

Larsen's Paintings (Couple in Århus)

Randers

Most of our lessons came from finding. One of them was a potential we found who wanted us to come at another time. We happened to knock again at the perfect time, and they were very willing to listen to us. Our lesson was on Frelsesplanen, and it went really well.
Thanksgiving (Sunday Night Dinner)



I got an email about Thanksgiving. I am so glad that you all enjoyed it so much. We literally didn't do anything/forgot about it. One of the members made it for us, so that was a fun surprise. I am so thankful this gospel and for Denmark. One thing that we thought of this week was remembering the true meaning of Christmas. As we get into the season of lights, trees, and nisse men, let us not forget the one whose birth we celebrate.
Elder Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment